Backpacks. Membership. Women's Event. Other Stuff.
1) Backpacks. For the month of July, we will be collecting school supply items for kids who have suffered domestic abuse in the Roanoke school district. You can bring your donations with you to our Sunday services. Click here for more info on this project and a list of needed items.
2) Membership. Several people have asked about joining the church through official membership. We don't have any specific membership requirements (you don't have to be baptized in a specific way or take a class). The only requirement for membership is that you want to be a member (click here to read Rob's blog post about our philosophy on church membership). So on July 20, we will have Collective Church Membership Covenants for anyone who wants to join. Of course, if you attend our services but are not interested in becoming a church member, that is perfectly fine.
3) Women's Event. We are planning an all-day women's event for Saturday, August 16. The keynote speaker will be Christina Gibson who spoke at Collective Church on May 4 of this year. Registration is $40, and you can sign up either in person at our weekend services or through PayPal (be sure to add a memo stating that you are signing up for the women's event). The event will be held at the Marriott where we hold our services.
4) Help Needed! We have two major needs for volunteers in our children's ministry:
Registration Desk. We need volunteers who are willing to arrive 15 minutes before each service begins and monitor the registration desk through the first 15 minutes of the service (this adds up to a thirty-minute per week commitment).
Older Elementary Kids. We are in a position to expand our kids' ministry space, but we need one or two volunteers who will specifically work with older elementary school kids (4th Grade and up).
If you are interested in helping with either of these service areas, please email Rob Carmack.
5) Our Next Guest Speaker: Jessica Zan (August 3). Jessica Zan works in the medical profession and speaks about grief, death, and how the human soul deals with these things. Don't miss it!
6) Current Series: The Ten Commandments. On Sunday mornings, we are currently exploring the Ten Commandments. Click here to listen to the previous sermons in this series.